Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Short A Time...

After a great long weekend it was fun to come back and jump into short vowels this week. We are starting with short A. I introduced this fun word building game to my students today. It's like scrabble flash... (I love that game!). I got the tiles from the Target dollar spot. I separated the color tiles and used the red ones for the vowels (to match our HM sound spelling cards). The are tons of word possibilities, which makes it a game that they can play again and again.
The baggie isn't classy, but it does the job of keeping the game contained :) Click HERE to get the corresponding Making Words game worksheet.

And a little something extra that we are going to play tomorrow... short A memory! A bummer to cut, but fun to play in partners.
click to download!

Enjoy the rest of your week and the this lovely warm weather!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much, I love the Making Words worksheet freebie. Do you know why the writing lines don't print out for me? For some reason they don't print.